Thursday, October 30, 2008

She Enjoys Being A Girl

Remember how Nancy (aka Nona) came and whisked Imogen off for an adventure yesterday? Well, she took Miss Idgie for her first trip to Nordstrom. I must say, this is something I would never have done myself, and I was completely skeptical of the entertainment value of the entire outing. I could not have been more wrong. While I'm sure if I had taken a 13-month old into Nordstrom and turned her loose in the shoe section, the sales girls would have glared at me while judging my questionable mothering skills, it turns out that when a vivacious, outgoing grandmother shows up with her irrestibly cute granddaughter on her first shopping trip, well, sales girls just eat that s#@t right up.

My daughter is a girly-girl. When I was little, I preferred toy horses to dolls and only put on a dress for the annual Christmas party at the Petroleum Club where my grandfather worked. And though I must admit that I do enjoy having a girl (truly, girl clothes are cuter than boy clothes by a mile, and c'mon, the ponytails alone are almost unbearably adorable), I'd still never take her shopping at Nordstrom. But look what I'll be missing, because Nona and Imogen had a complete blast.

Here is Imogen making her grand entrance into girly-girl department store heaven.


First stop, of course, was the shoe department, where she also got a pink balloon.


Then off to look at purses.


Next stop, admiring and trying on bling.


Then it was on to makeup and hair.


And of course some clothes to go with all the accessories.


A short break from shopping...


...and then Miss Idgie was ready for a nap.


She's only 13-months old, and my daughter is already more fashionable and glamorous than her mama. Hooray for sugar and spice and everything nice!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Next time I need a girlie shopping fix, I might call Idgie.