Wednesday, October 29, 2008

If I Do Say So Myself

First off, happy birthday to me! I'm 37 years old today. I've decided I'm ok with 37. So far so good. I spent the morning out adventuring with the kids (and finding a secret elevator!), and now Elliot is at school and Nancy (aka Nona) has whisked Imogen off for a couple of hours. Kid-free time? I'm not sure what to do with myself! Later this evening there will be presents, and then Nancy is outdoing herself and babysitting so Thomas and I can go out to dinner at Equinox, one of my favorite restaurants. Woo hoo!!

So I must show off a couple of projects to you today. This past weekend, Thomas and I finally completed a much-planned but much-procrastinated piece of art. A couple of years ago, Thomas salvaged and old window, and last year he painted it (though it is mostly still in its shabby chic distressed state) in preparation for becoming a picture frame for our kids and all the nieces and nephews. And now, ta-daaaaaaaaaa!


It's hanging in our kitchen nook and looking more amazing than this sun-causing-a-glare picture can relay. Also this week I completed Scat Cat, a knitted doll after the character in Jack's Big Music Show, and companion to the Mel the Dog doll I made for Elliot a couple of years ago. Scat Cat has already been on many wonderful adventures with us, including to the dentist yesterday (one of Elliot's fillings was coming out, and he was a super champ while they fixed him up). Here is Scat Cat herself, posing with our soon-to-be-carved Halloween pumpkin.


And of course, what post would be complete without pictures of my most gorgeous creations to date? First up, here is Imogen with her recently discovered belly button.


And Elliot finally let me take a picture of him this week, while he was elbow-deep in peanut butter (can you believe this is a kid who a little over a year ago wouldn't get his hands dirty for anything?)


So now I'm off to enjoy the rest of my fabulous day. A very merry un-birthday to the rest of you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoy a wonderful day. :)