Monday, August 25, 2008

Who Needs Burning Man, Anyway?

Who needs Burning Man when you've got Aunt Tess, Nona, and Papa Mr. Vic Victor? And Elliot and Imogen, of course. I didn't want to go to that stinkin' festival in the desert, anyway.

Ok, so maybe I'm the fox with sour grapes, but at least my grapes are little cutie pies. And we had a really fun first weekend without Papa (so there!).

First off, here we are bidding Papa adieu as he headed for Burning Man. Elliot is of course running around somewhere off camera, probably examining the wheels on one vehicle or another.


Special thanks to Nona and Papa Mr. Vic Victor both for babysitting on Saturday night so Tess and I could go to my friend Tina's wedding (congrats, girl!) and for lending me their camera so I wouldn't be without one. Here are a few pictures of the antics the kids and grandparents were involved in on Saturday night while I was out.


On Sunday, we spent the morning with Aunt Tess at Peninsula Park - the park that has everything (play structure, baseball diamonds, rose garden, gazebo, and fountain!). The swings were a big hit. Here is Tess giving Elliot a much-requested underdog.


Elliot was a great big brother and gave Imogen some underdogs of her very own.



Then we went over to check out the cool fountain (even though the stinkers don't allow wading) and the gorgeous (and fragrant!) rose garden.



We miss you already, Aunt Tess! Tomorrow Bubba Joe arrives to keep us company for the rest of the week, so stay tuned for more adventures.

No comments: