Sunday, March 16, 2008

Idgie in the Emerald City

Mama took me on an adventure this weekend. She strapped me in the carseat with my pink star blankie and my little teether dog, Pavlov, and off we went. I fell asleep because we were driving fast and it was raining so much, and when I woke up I thought, Pavlov, we're not in Portland anymore! Mama took me to the Emerald City, Seattle, to have a girls' weekend with my Aunt Tess.

We went to restaurants where I tried to grab Mama's food (I get to start eating rice cereal this month - I hear it's delicious) and did lots of shopping. On Saturday, we followed the cobblestone road down to Pike's Place Market to look at the pretty vegetables and watch the crazy guys throw fish around. Here I am at the market.

Mama and Aunt Tess always stay at a great hotel in downtown Seattle for girls' weekends, the Mayflower Park. I didn't really like being away from home and my Papa and big brother, but it was cool because we could walk everywhere, and I like being outside. I was also teething, so to keep me happy Mama and Aunt Tess took me on lots of walks. Here I am down the block from the hotel posing with the Space Needle and the monorail.

And here I am getting ready to don my ruby slippers (well, pink, actually) and head back home. I sure did like playing with Aunt Tess all weekend.

When I got home (after I cried for the last 50 miles!), I was so excited to see my big brother, Elliot. I was really proud of him when I found out he was wearing big boy underwear all weekend and using the potty. He showed me this video of himself.



There's no place like home!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

As always, your photography is wonderful. Idgie is such a doll. And this whole post made me miss my sister!

Happy St. Pat's to you.