Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nice Try, Kid

A couple of weeks ago, Elliot asked if he could have a new baby. He decided he'd like another sister. It was a pretty adorable conversation. (I didn't tell him there was no way it was going to happen in a million years.)

Then, driving home from school one day last week, Elliot looked around the back seat of our Subaru and asked, "Where are we going to put the car seat for the new baby? There's no room back here." Apparently he's still thinking about this whole baby notion. I said we'd need a mini-van like Papa Pat. And then I asked, "Why do you want another baby? Isn't Imogen good enough?"

Elliot considered the question for a moment. Then he said, "She takes things. That's why she's not good enough." I see. Nice try, kid.

1 comment:

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

Very funny! Wren has told me that we need to have another, maybe I need to ask him why?!