Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Year

Happy anniversary, blog! The McElroy Chronicles turned one on Monday of this week (which is also my dear friend Connie's birthday, so a big shout out to her!). A look back at the milestones from the past 365+ days:

* The birth of Imogen, of course. Our little one year old is now almost walking, has several "almost" words, and is cutting teeth numbers 3, 4, and 5.

* Elliot went GF/CF, learned to write his name, and started kindergarten.

* I started sending my children's book with artist Brett Superstar to publishers (fingers crossed!) and completed a series of 40 pregnancy poems which I hope to publish as a literary pregnancy journal, paired with b&w photography.

* Thomas got a job with Burning Man while simultaneously running his own law firm and being a fabulous hubby and papa.


Thomas also successfully got Imogen to sleep while I went to the So You Think You Can Dance concert on Sunday night. The concert was a blast, though it was entirely too long. Lots of fabulous dancing, but way too much filler! Here is little Miss Idgie passed out on top of her Ergo on the couch, where I found her when I got home at 10:30pm.


And here is the alert girl doing one of her favorite things - climbing into stuff. She is a fearless adventurer, unlike her cautious brother.


And here is the big brother himself, enjoying a snack dipped in mustard that Papa fashioned into his name for him.


Now back to the girl, who continues to huck books onto my keyboard while I'm writing. I think she's trying to tell me something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kerry said...

Wow, I didn't know you sent a book out to publishers! That is so gerat! My sister and I dream about doing that exact same thing one day. Not sure when "one day" will arrive, but hopefully I'll recognize it.

Happy blogiversary.