Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tagline

The other day, we caught a blurb on the news in passing in which an individual (not sure if it was a victim or the bad guy) was summed up with the line, "Friends say he was a web surfer who liked dogs." Which got me thinking, what would my tagline be? Thomas decided that he would be "divorce attorney and father of two." All true, but definitely not as random and interesting as "web surfer who liked dogs." Thomas also speculated that I would be "housewife and mother of two." This depressed me a little. I mean, I love my kids, and I love that I can be home with them, but I don't think that line sums me up at all. But hopefully I won't need a tagline for the news anytime soon. And by the time I do, it'll probably contain some reference to a crazy cat lady.

In other news, I've been knitting, knitting, knitting for all the new babies being welcomed to the world this winter and spring. First up, here is Idgie modeling the hat I made for baby Cora.


Elliot has been pretty artsy himself, lately. Here is a drawing he made of our family on the trampoline (trampolines make great canvases, by the way). He decided to erase the sad-faced Elliot right away, though. (The sad-faced Little Critter, that is. Elliot has decided that his name is Little Critter now, after the Mercer Mayer character in the books he loves.)


And here is Elliot, apparently getting ready to audition for the Blue Man Group.


And Papa has become quite the hair stylist this week. He was the first to give Imogen her single top-of-the-head ponytail a couple of months back, and now he's moved on to pigtails. Two pigtails are super cute (nostril shot not withstanding)...


...but three pigtails are even cuter. Thomas calls this look "The Bjork".


And here are both kiddos enjoying the unseasonable sunshine we had last weekend. Spring is coming, we can just feel it!!


So, I'm off to work on becoming a more interesting tagline. Then I'll feel worthy of being "mother of two" to "energetic boy who loves elevators" and "impossibly cute girl who loves kitty cats." What would your tagline be?

1 comment:

Kerry said...

OK, first of all, that family drawing on the trampoline is awesome. Next, the photo of Idgie with the cat is ridiculously adorable -- she's teeny! Furthermore, I am mailing you a check for the auction today! Finally, we have played a smiliar game to "Tagline" -- after my nephew declared himself to love "trucks and moons," we all tried to determine just two things that we couldn't do without -- mine were "cheese and books."