Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hyperlexia Journal is Online!

I hope y'all will take a few minutes to check out the first issue of Hyperlexia, an online journal of poetry and prose celebrating the autism spectrum. My good friend Kerry founded the journal with her friend Phoebe, and they invited me to be the poetry editor. We received a wonderful batch of submissions for our first issue, which has just gone live in time for National Autism Awareness Month. Let me know what you think!


Though today we're back to our usual April weather of 50s, sunbreaks, and rain showers, we had 85 degree weather earlier this week. The kids and I took advantage of the unseasonal sunshine to head for McCoy Park near Elliot's school. Here are a couple of shots of the fun that was had.


This is also my own personal Happy Birthday to Everyone Week! I know more people with birthdays this week than any other week of the year (although the last 2 weeks of September are a close second!). So, happy birthday to Soren, Tanner, Milo (all today!), Erin, Christina (Saturday), Lisa, Christine, and Matt (Sunday). Maybe Connie and Russ will add to this week's birthdays - their baby is due 4/30 - but I'm betting on the full moon on 5/9. What better gift for Mother's Day than a new wee one? I plan to spend Mother's Day weekend painting our currently purple bathroom, sans kids! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jason said...

That's pretty interesting about the birthdays. I know an inordinate number of people with birthdays this week as well. My sister and my friend friend Mike on 4/26, Tami's on 4/27, my half-brother on 4/28, my friend Dave on 5/1 and his wife on 4/28.

Unknown said...

And Bill's bday is 4/28!

Leslie said...

B-
Impressed with Hyperlexia. I've bookmarked it and look forward to spending more time going through it-